photo surveybuttonsm.jpg

Translate

Friday, November 11, 2016

survey from 11-17-07

I know right, how many of these things did I do in 07? Musta been a rough year. From an old private blog.

I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?

1. Produce: Depends on how the avacados look.
2. Bakery: I'm my own bakery, so I just nod and smile as I pass.  
3. Meat: Close my eyes and throw a dart and hope it doesn't hit pigs knuckles.  I can do just about anything with meat.

4. Frozen: I really like those TGI Friday's chicken quesadilla rolls.  Remember that if I come visit.
5. Dry goods: We skipped canned goods and dairy, but ok, I'll take the ziploc quart sized freezer bags.

* Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 outfits with you. So, what's in your bag?

1. pajamas

2. more pajamas
3. the really important thing is a variety of footies and sox, and cross your fingers I don't stain my one good t-shirt, which I may or may not have already worn to sleep in

* If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?

1. There's my chicken.
2. Eat spiders today, ok?
3. No egg?  Oh, well, everyone needs a break.

4. Where's a good snake when you need one?
5. See ya later.

* So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you'd probably be in a pretty irritable/bad mood?

1. I don't know about actual irritability or a bad mood, but I do enjoy my hot chocolate every morning.

2. I do like to spend a very quiet hour or two doing absolutely nothing but thinking.  Disturbing my peace isn't suggestible, but I don't generally leave claw marks any more.
3. I do a little word construction every day, and I feel really weird if I skip it.

* What are 3 things that you have in your home that have been with you for the longest amount of time?

1. I'm about ready to burn this old couch
2. I can't decide whether to throw away a clay jar I bought from a college art dept fundraiser for $5 about 20 years ago.  No one else wants it.
3. I keep promising Scott I'll go through all my old cassettes, and I never do.

* If you were only allowed to listen to 5 of your CDs for the rest of your life, never adding anything else, which 5 could you listen to & be content with?

1. Hilary Stagg's Dream Spiral
2. Fairies in the Moonlight from Hallmark
3. Weird Al's UHF soundtrack
4. A Night at the Roxbury soundtrack
5. Eiffel 65's Europop

* You're driving down the road, and suddenly you're hit with this sense of road rage. What 3 factors probably contributed to it?

1. I don't get road rage
2. I'm too laid back to get road rage
3. Actually, I'm so chronically lazy about getting emotional about much of anything while I'm driving that I usually don't even blink when other people drive really stupidly.  I EXPECT other drivers to be absolute idiots, and I drive as if anyone at any time is going to do something idiotically stupid and cause my death.  I give everyone around me plenty of room.

* Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?

1. laying in bed
2. laying on the couch
3. sleeping in bed
4. sleeping on the couch
5. making some really good food

* We're going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?

1. That's ok, I'll stay in the car and drive on by.
2. I had a little too much zoo when the kids were young.

3. I'll never forget spending an entire hour watching a hippo do nearly nothing.

* You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?

1. The closest I came to actually wanting ice cream this fall was ONE root beer float.

2. When I was younger I lived on ice cream, so I think I'm burned out.
3. One summer I ate it 3 meals a day and put on 20 pounds.

* Somebody stole your purse/wallet ... In order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?

1. dental floss (never leave home without it)
2. a smashed mini snicker bar
3. a ziploc sandwich bag with about 65 cents of loose change in it.  People at registers love that, we can see at a glance whether I've got the right change.  Some of them crack up.
4. a tiny unmarked container holding a variety of curious looking colorful pills
5. and if that doesn't do that trick, there's always my passport, checkbook, license, insurance cards, library card, a prescription bottle, and probably a dozen doctor receipts with my name on them

* You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 3 careers would be fun for you?

1. video store clerk
2. chicken farmer
3. benadryl and codeine test subject

1 If you were to attend a costume party tonight, what or whom would you go as?

I'd probably wear my old lounge pants and a ratty t-shirt and some fantastically super soft footies that I could slide across the room in, in the event of linoleum or hardwood floors.

2. What are your choice of toppings on a hamburger? And do you prefer gas or charcoal grilling?

Miracle whip and Heinz ketchup are all I need, and I could care less how it's grilled, unless it's raw or burnt crusty.  But I DO prefer ground sirloin in a 96/4 kind of ratio, basted with a little butter, no seasoning unless you mix a little Wort sauce into the burger, and the bun has to be fresh.  Sesame seed buns rank 5 stars with me.  If we go anywhere beyond that, I like a really young red onion sliced paper thin, home grown fresh lettuce, a sparkling hint of pickle, and quite possibly a slice of American or Swiss IF I'm in the mood.  This should all be embellished with a chilled organic root beer and sides of baked beans and french fries, and I HAVE to have honey on my fries.

3. You are chosen to have lunch with the President. The condition is you only get to ask one question. What do you ask?

I think I'd ask him what his favorite breed of chicken is, and I'd bring a catalogue of breeds in case he's not up on what all is available.

4. It's your first day of vacation, what are you doing?

Every day is my first day of vacation nowadays.  Today I am jacked up on codeine because nothing else is touching this miserable chest cold and how bad my throat hurts.  I lost my voice yesterday.  Scott says I sound scary.  It's actually not been too bad, relatively speaking, compared to the occipital neuralgia I've been going through for the last month.  It's even been a bit of a treat, being able to feel something different, and I've been enjoying the vapo-rub, cough drops, ben gay on my chest, hot cloth around my neck, and sounding like a frog that got squashed by a 4 wheeler.  Brings back memories of growing up without doctors and having olive oil forced up my nose to coat my throat and hot eucalyptus drops and cotton in my ears.  Only this time it's much better because I have codeine.  Life is good.


5. What is your concession stand must-have at the movies?

Bottled water and nachos.  When Scott is with me we eat a gallon of popcorn, too, but I don't get into his twizzlers and whatever else he buys.  I really don't know where he puts it all.


6. Which do you dislike most: pop-up ads or spam email?

I don't even think about it.  I don't care.


7. What do you think Captain Hook's name was before he had a hook for a hand?

I think someone is really reaching now to come up with some questions.

8. Rock, paper, or scissors?

You know, it took me a couple of years to even understand the dynamics of this problem-solving game.  I even looked at it anthropologically and got into the history of picking straws, rolling dice, and tossing coins, all of which were supposed to help decide persons or events when time was short, logic failed, and the fates took over what was not fair.  I never play rock-paper-scissors, but I love how it is used quickly in tv shows and movies in drastic situations.  Aspie on the case here...


9. How long was it from 'the first date' until the proposal of marriage? How long until the wedding?

Three months, and three years, respectively.  He's the spontaneous one, I'm not.


10. Which is worse, being in a place that is too loud, or too quiet?

Depends on what you think is loud.  I would rather tolerate loud machinery than a hundred people talking all at once.  Conversely, I always have to ask the manager to turn the sound system down at a movie theater, but I have difficulty hearing one person talking if they are moving around.  Weird, huh?  It's all in the auditory processing and tolerance level.  As for quiet, what is too quiet?  I can hear things most people can't seem to, like very distant sounds, very slight sounds, sounds many people take for granted and don't realize are there.  I don't think there is such a thing as too quiet, at least for me.

11. What is one quality that you really appreciate in a person?

Honestly, the people I like best are the ones who aren't afraid to make jokes and laugh about how weird I am right to my face, because it really breaks the ice and then we can talk and laugh about anything in the world.  Once I get going, I really love talking to people and enjoy them being themselves, but if we have to play some stiff little social game or emotional head game, that really kills the joy of being on this earth and sharing ourselves with each other.  And since I'm otherwise such a hermit, I take enjoying people while I can very seriously.

12. At the good old general store, what particular kind of candy would you expect to be in the big jar at the counter?

Have you ever tasted old fashioned horehound?  It's a ~weed~ that you soak the flavor out of and add a lot of sugar to, and they sell it in candy sticks.  Who in the world ever thought to make candy out of that was mental.  Just google horehound, it's famous all over Europe and America for being the weed full of tiny little prickly seeds that are impossible to get out of your sox.

13. What is the most distinguishing landmark in your city?

Karst topography.  Granted, that's not really a distinguishing landmark, but it certainly gets a lot of attention when houses and parking lots suddenly cave into underground caverns in areas where building permits were freely handed out before zoning laws went into effect.

14. Everyone hears discussions that they consider boring. What topic can put you to sleep quicker than any other?

Shopping...


15. How many times did it take you to pass your drivers test?

I actually failed, but they passed me anyway, first time.  Talk about luck, eh?


16. If you had to have the same topping on your vanilla ice cream for the rest of your life, what topping would you choose?

Sorry, I'm not into ice cream enough any more to justify even metaphorically choosing.

17. What food item would need to be removed from the market altogether in order for you to live a healthier, longer life?

I can't decide if I'd rather lose bacon forever, or cream cheese.


18. You are offered an envelope that you know contains $50. You are then told that you may either keep it or exchange it for another envelope that may contain $500 or may be empty. Do you keep the first envelope, or do you take your chances with the second?

I hand the envelope back.  There *has* to be a catch somewhere, and I'm not greedy enough to make a fool of myself.


19. If you had to choose, which would you give up: cable TV, or DSL/cable internet?

I don't have either one.  If I had to choose between dish and broadband, I'd take the broadband, because I could always download the shows I'd be missing.


20. What is your highest level of education?

Either 193 or 196 credits, I don't remember.  I admire people who have 500 or more.  If there were one thing I could go back and redo in my life, I'd make a sport out of acquiring as many credits as possible, the way people collect McDonald happy meal toys and Barbies and stuff.  I wouldn't even care if I got multiple degrees out of it.  I just really really liked college.


21. How much is a gallon of gas in your city? What was the highest it's been?

It's still cheaper than a gallon of milk, so I'm not too worried about it.


22. What kind of lunch box did you have as a kid?

Red plaid...  One of those ironic metal lunchboxes picked out by my mother.  I was the only kid in the first grade that I know of carrying a lunch box that mimicked a piece of cloth instead of a cartoon.

23. What would you rather have, a nanny, a housekeeper, a cook, or a chauffeur?

I read stuff about rich or famous people having to support an entourage of staff around them at all times just to keep up with their lives, and I don't know that I could ever live like that.

24. Would you rather be trapped in an elevator, or stuck in traffic?

Traffic.  I'd rather have to pee on the side of the road than on the floor of an elevator.

25. Lets say a brick fell on your foot, and your kid is standing right next to you, what is your 'cleaned up' swear word?

I automatically do the geez and dang thing anyway.  If I automatically F it, it's *really* bad, and no one bugs me about it while I'm in the moment.  Might hear about it later, but I don't care.