photo surveybuttonsm.jpg

Translate

Friday, November 11, 2016

survey from November 14, 2007

Ran into this on an old private blog.

1.) When you walk in your front door, which room do you enter?We built our house backward, so that the back of the house is to the front yard, and the front faces the woods and has a really great view.  So we come in a 'rear' door right off the driveway to the laundry room and kitchen.  The actual 'front' door is never used, being on an odd side of the house flipped away from the driveway, and the livingroom opens up onto a really cool deck.  We think it's funny when various business people recognize the layout is backward and go completely out of their way to walk around the house and find the front door way on the other side when all they have to do is go to the nearest door to the driveway, but apparently they have some kind of stigma about using a back door.  I think the house itself feels a bit indignant about that, too, because sometimes it sarcastically replays heavy footsteps coming up around on the deck, and we look everywhere and walk outside, and no one is there at all.

2.)Do you have a dishwasher?That's me!  

3.) Is your living room carpeted or does it have hardwood floors?I will never forget waking up one morning to Twinkles and her little glue project.  A giant bottle of glue soaking into the carpet...  I've given her one of those mom 'blessings', where I wish her to have a kid just like that so I can laugh some day.

4.) Do you keep your kitchen knives on the counter or in a drawer?
They are *everywhere*.  They start out clean in the drawer, they wind up hanging out on the counters making friends.

5.) House, apartment, duplex or trailer?I've lived in all but a duplex.  I've even lived in yucky cheap hotel rooms.  Lately it's been this big house.  Not humongously big, but very tall.  Like stacking a ranch up like blocks.

6.) How many bedrooms is it?
Three, but that doesn't stop us from sleeping all over it.  Couch, floor, basement...  I think Twinkles has even fallen asleep on the kitchen floor and the stairs.

7.) Gas stove or electric?
After having gas in an apartment and trailer, I'll always stick with electric.  When you barely catch a small child plop a toy right up next to a burner full of flames, you get some pretty vivid scenarios going in your head.

8.) Do you have a yard?
And 4 acres of woods, yes.

9.) What size TV is in the living room?
19".  We have the smallest and most ancient tv of everyone we know.

10.) Are your plates in the same cupboard as your cups?
No, and I guess it weirds the guests out.  I've given up trying to explain that glasses and mugs are more logical on the side next to the fridge and plates on the side next to the microwave.  Whatever.  It's my house, not theirs.

11.) Is there a coffee maker sitting on your kitchen counter?
No, we have the hangy type, very convenient.

WHERES #12
Maybe it went down the garbage disposal.  No, I don't have one of those.

13.) What room is your computer in?
This is getting really boring.

14.) Are there pictures hanging in your living room?
I'm in the process of stripping the walls bare so Scott can repaint if he wants to.

15.) Are there any themes found in your home?I always thought it would be awesomely cool to get one of those wall sized murials of space or a scifi movie scene, but Scott said no...

16.) What kind of laundry detergent do you use??
I'm actually not using any today.  I got caught up on the laundry over the last two days.

17.) Do you use dryer sheets??
If you had asked *did* I use dryer sheets, I would have answered, yes, I did.

18.)) Do you have any curtains in your home??
It is unbelievable how dusty lace curtains get, and how hard they are to put back on the rods after you wash them.

19.) What color is your fridge??
Why are there two question marks going now?

20.) Is your house clean??
It is devoid of teenagers.  Now it's just us old folks.  The smell is infinitely better, and the type of clutter has definitely morphed into something that makes more sense.

21.) What room is the most neglected??
It is impossible to neglect a square inch of this house with Super Scott around.

22.) Are the dishes in your sink/dishwasher clean or dirty?
Finally, back to one question mark.  I allow NO dishes to sit in the sink.  My sink always stays clean, and the dirty dishes are rinsed to put on the counter next to it.  There is nothing nastier than trying to wash one's hands or do something else with water over a sinkful of nasty wet smelly dishes.  I've head cooked in high traffic restaurants.  You don't mess with my sink.

23.) How long have you lived in your home?
171 months.  If you are obsessed enough with my house, you'll do the math.

24.) Where did you live before?
That's exactly what government census wants to know.

25.) Do you have one of those fluffy toilet lid covers on your toilet?
I have a very expensive soft toilet seat from Lowe's.  I believe comfort is more important than decor.

26.) Do you have a scale anywhere in your house?
Everyone's ticked that the new scale added five pounds over the old one.

27.) How many mirrors are in your house?
I don't care.

28.) Look up. What do you see?
Define 'up'.  I glanced vaguely upward.  Spongebob glanced vaguely downward back at me and smiled.  That's all you need to know.

29.) Do you have a garage?
Scott dreams...  I hear about it *all* *the* *time*.

30.) Are you planning on moving anytime soon?
We could move at the drop of a hat, or we could be here another 30 years.  Depends on how much more I can tolerate Scott griping about the neighbors.  Have you seen Deck the Halls?  Scott could EASILY be both those guys.