photo surveybuttonsm.jpg

Translate

Wednesday, May 26, 2021

"My 70 Confessions'' survey (55, actually, because 15 questions are missing)

 From a private blog on Dec. 10, 2007.

1. Who was the last person to call you baby?
I'm sure it was a mean kid in school...  For some reason, no one in their right mind has ever used 'baby' as a term of affection for me.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?

If I'm feeling fastidious, I'll even line up other people's carts.

3. If you got the chance to kiss the last person you kissed, would you?

The last thing I heard from Scott was "Geez, you're hot!", and it wasn't meant in a complimentary fashion.    I seem to be running a little chilly with this new BP pill and keep a sweater on all day, so the hug got cut real short.

4. Has someone ever sang a song to you?
There was a guy, I kid you not, who actually oded me on his acoustic guitar, much to my embarrassment.  He also did Kermit and other muppet voices.  I knew I absolutely could not handle living with a guy like that the rest of my life and ran screaming.

5. Do you play Sudoku?

I am far too lazy to care about Sudoku.  However, I will go out of my way to figure out what the heck valence electrons have to do with Minkowski Space and whether they are affected by p-brane collisions, however rare.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but I have this really cool idea for a story.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness would you survive?
I'm not afraid of the wilderness.  If I felt crabby enough, I would eat a skunk raw.  If we're talking being abandoned during freezing rain, though, I want a big coat and expensive boots.  Besides, as surrounded by wilderness as I actually am, I'm pretty sure I would run into a bird feeder or deer lick or even a dog food bowl every few acres, unless I somehow wound up in the national forest.

7. If you were stranded on an island who is the one person you would want to be there with you?
Scott, because he would be spunky enough to do all the heavy work while I sit around and keep watch and come up with ideas.

8. If you could take back anything you have ever done what would it be?
Rolling my VW, so I wouldn't have had to live with that neck injury the rest of my life.

9. What is one thing you cant live without.?
Ok, I assume you don't mean literally, like oxygen and water.  After having to live without so much at various points of my life, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything.  I'll say sox.  As much as I love being barefoot, my feet get cold very easily and I have a collection of fuzzy footies that are the bomb.

10. who is your best friend?
Scott just walked by here making fun of me doing another survey.

11. If you could meet any celebrity who would it be?
I've met a few celebrities.  I got the biggest kick out of meeting Too Slim, who is aging like a fine cheese.

12. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
Take a nap.  Buy a new chicken house.  Get more chickens.  In that order.

13. Have you ever truly been in love?
With a certain shade of blue, yes.  I've always found it mesmerizing.  I don't know if it even belongs in our dimension.

14. What bad word do you say the most?
I think my impact is more in my blunt timing.

15. What is your favorite food?
This morning is was homemade dark rye toast with lots of butter and honey.  mmmmmm!

16. Do you speak any other language?
Garbled, haltingly, and oddly mixed with other languages.

17. What really makes you happy?
I have yet to find anything that thrills me more than staring off into space.


18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you would do?
If I were IN the house, I'd get out.  If I were OUT of the house, I'd watch it burn and wish I'd grabbed my camera on the way out.

What happened to 19?
20. Who do you text the most?
It is no contest.  I ignore everyone equally.  Oh, um, I meant I text everyone equally.  That's it.


21. Who last said they loved you & meant it?
Scott always means it, even when I'm a pest and he's just trying to get me to shut up and leave him alone.


22. What color are your eyes?
They have little black dots in the middle of them that I find hard to believe are 'holes'.

23. How tall are you?
I can't believe one of the big interviews on the CBS morning news is about how to deal with bad breath.  Oh, sorry, got distracted.

What happened to 24?
25. Do you like your parents?
It's hard to like a lunatic, but Dad is ok.

26. Do you secretly like someone?
I secretly like anyone who keeps trying to get through the day in spite of all odds being against them in every way.  I have this thing for weird oddballs in all shapes and sizes that keep the world spinning while the pretty people try on clothes.

What happened to 27?
28. Who was the last person you said you loved on the phone?
Ok, must break this sentence down the aspie way.  This sentence is actually saying that I was saying I loved someone to someone else on the phone, if you read this correctly.  I don't think I've actually said "I love so and so" to someone else on a phone in a long time.


29. Favorite ex?
This is dumb.  I can't see this being meaningful in any form unless the person answering is the sort to use and abuse others.  Who was your favorite toy that you discarded?  Otherwise, it's like asking what my favorite most painful episode was in my life.

What happened to 30 and 31???
32. Do you like mustard?
Only mixed in other things, the most mustardy being honey mustard.  I like putting a dash of mustard in deviled egg filling or ham glaze and stuff like that.

33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Strange how we can't do both at once, because I choose both equally.

34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
I've tried to avoid looking clonish.  There are certain looks I make that remind me of my mother at her worst, which is sad.

What happened to 35?
36. Can you do splits?
I'm not sure that's something to really brag about, but I'm sure I could if I had to to save my life somehow doing them.

37. What movie do you want to see right now?
I was hoping to see Sweeney Todd at the theater, but Scott says a bloody musical is too much for him, in spite of all the vampire movies he's seen.  If I scrape up enough cash I might just take myself.

What happened to 38?
39. What did you do for New Year's Eve?
I think we went to bed early last year.  I can't remember.  This year, not sure what I'll do.  I think it would be fun to stay up playing games, but Scott is very anti-game the last few years.

40. Do you think The Grudge was crappy?
I avoid many movies.  That was one of them.

What happened to 41 and 42???
43. Was your mom a cheerleader?
Metaphorically, she was the cheerleader from heck, dragging us around health food stores, giving us 20 minute lectures, and beating us with a little stick.  But you couldn't find a more enthusiastic soul for whatever she was into at the moment, be it religion, vitamins, or picking cherries.  I really miss her pot roast sometimes, though.  She was a really unique person.
 
What happened to 44?
45. What's the last letter of your middle name?
How in the world does that matter?
 
What happened to 46?
47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Not enough.  I find daytime naps help.

48. Do you like care bears?
I've managed to not care for years for yet another feel good fuzzy commercial product.
 
What happened to 49?
50. Do you know how to play poker
I've played poker, and I found it as boring as any other card game.
 
What happened to 51?
52. What do you wear to sleep?
I suit up for all possible situations.  You never know when you're going to wind up in a nightmare and need to kick blankets all around.

53. Anything big ever happen in your home town?
I'm not sure any more just what is considered my home town.  We had a huge jeep rally here one year with over 5000 people and the original Blues Brothers, but I had to work and missed it.

54. Is your hair straight or curly?
It's got a bizarre fluff on one side from sleeping on it.

55. Is your tongue pierced?
Only by my own teeth.

56. Do you like liver and onions?
I make the best liver and onions on the planet.
 
What happened to 57?
58. Do you like funny or serious people better?
I need funny people around me, because serious people can be such a drag.

59. Ever been to LA.?
Only on TV.

60. What is on your mind right now?
Nothing.  Yes, I really did check.

61. Any plans for tonight?
Probably homemade tacos.

62. What's your favorite song at the moment?
Bossa Nova Noel, a nearly extinct Christmas song on a 1968 album by Living Strings and Living Voices.  Someday when I update my equipment I'll convert it to digital and share it with the world.  In the meantime, here are the lyrics.

Snow falling down on the city, Everything looking so pretty

This time of year you're sure to hear Bossa Nova Noel!

Listen and you'll hear bells ringing, Laughter and music and singing

People you meet say as they greet Boss Nova Noel!

Tinsel and bright lights Make days out of dark nights

And carols are filling the air

Children are waiting and anticipating

That soon he'll be there everywhere

And when he comes I'll be with him Dancing the greatest of rhythm

You're gonna see Santa and me Doing Bossa Nova Noel.

63. Do you hate chocolate?
I could no more hate chocolate than I could hate my fuzzy footies or my chicken.


64. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
I don't think we have fought in years.  Might have a lot to do with Mom losing her capability to speak...

What happened to 65?
66. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
I have found over the years that even being miserable together is better than always being alone.  It's comforting to have someone around.  And I don't mean in an abusive relationship when I say miserable, it's just natural to have a few bad days here and there.

67. What do people usually mistake you for?
'Cute', in an eccentric sort of way.  Then they feel so slighted when the snake comes out and hisses or bites.  Honestly, people walk ALL OVER me, and I bite my tongue and try to be nice about it and hopefully redirect it elsewhere until I just lose it.  I'm not sure what attracts people to me in the first place.  I've been told I have charisma.  This from Wikipedia.

The word charisma (from the Greek word χάρισμα (kharisma), "gift" or "divine favor," from kharizesthai, "to favor," from kharis, "favor": see also charism, Charis) refers to a rare trait found in certain human personalities usually including extreme charm and a 'magnetic' quality of personality and/or appearance along with innate and powerfully sophisticated personal communicability and persuasiveness. Though very difficult or even impossible to define accurately (due to a lack of widely accepted criteria in regard to the trait), charisma is often used to describe an (elusive, even undefinable) personality trait that often includes the seemingly 'supernatural' or uncanny ability to lead, charm, persuade, inspire, and/or influence people. It refers especially to a quality in certain people who easily draw the attention and admiration (or even hatred if the application of such charisma is perceived to be negative) of others due to a 'magnetic' quality of personality and/or appearance.

All I have to do is show up and I affect an entire roomful of people, both online and in real life, even if I'm being quiet.  I have to admit I do feel like my body barely contains my exuberant spirit most of the time, and I often wonder if other people unconsciously pick up on that.  My soul or life force or whatever it is feels very overwhelming sometimes, and I feel trapped here in this body, although I do enjoy being here.  I just wish I felt better so I could do something bigger with all this spiritual energy I have.  Maybe I'm learning patience this go round.

68. Are you easy to get along with?
*I* think so, but others beg to differ.  I find that very amusing.

69. What is your favorite time of day?
Um, 2:15 p.m.  I have no idea why that popped into my head.

70.  Are you a generally happy person?
I've never been able to wrangle 'happy' into an acceptable definition of being.  I think 'happy' is a misnomer that has developed over the last few centuries and has developed into a commercialized state of mind.  Content and joyful are much better words for how I feel about some things.  I can't help but wonder if 'happiness' nowadays is more akin to sensationalism than anything.

Post this as "My 70 Confessions''