1. What time did you get up this morning? Way too early. I wonder if my post office will be one of those that close. (Watching the news.) We have a really tiny post office.
2. How do you like your steak? Gimme a t-bone marinated in teriyaki and garlic salt, med-rare. Literally. I love attacking what’s left on the bone. The caveman genes are thrown way back in me.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I refuse to speak of it. I’m still angry. You know the South Park where the boys fall apart over Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas raping Indiana Jones in the Crystal Skull? That’s how I feel about the new Trek.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I would have loved to see the Big Bang gang on Comic-Con Live on G4 this year, but noooo, they had to feature an interview with the Chuck girl.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? I used to think it would be cool traveling the world living in nice hotels, but the older I get, the more I like my own house and my flat screen tv. No new germs this way. Yes, I’m a phobe.
6. What did you have for breakfast? Later I ~will have had~ creamed eggs on toast, a long lost beautiful experience in our modern rat race. I love using future past tense, thanx for allowing me that opportunity.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? Depends on my mood. I easily flip around ethnic and regional cuisines. I have to admit, though, that the person before me triggered a slavering craving for my fave Chinese restaurant.
8. What foods do you dislike? Too salty. I can’t get over how salt happy the world around me is. Nothing ruins a good meal for me faster than feeling like I’ve gotten my full day’s supply of salt in the first bite.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? Here, actually. If I were rich, though, I’d have Red Lobster staff on stand-by.
10. Favorite dressing? Depends on what I’m eating. I think honey mustard mixed in miracle whip is a gorgeous way to dress up a sandwich. But then, so is a croissant, and bacon, tomato, avocado, and onion. But I’m not really a sandwich person, so the experience HAS to be mind blowing.
11.What kind of vehicle do you drive? I once read somewhere that there were more Chevy Luminas on the road than any other car. I look upon mine as my storm trooper mobile.
12. What are your favorite clothes? Lounge wear and t-shirts. I love my comfort zone. My grandmother would never have approved.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I can’t get over all the plane crash problems in the news this year. Easier just to turn off the tv than deal with all that in a personal way. I’m impatiently waiting for football season to start.
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? When times are tough, just get a smaller cup so it can runneth over. I have a unique viewpoint on life. Too many whiners out there who are way better off than most of the world and don’t appreciate it.
15. Where would you want to retire? Already dealing with it. My psychologist tells me that going through becoming disabled at such a ‘young’ age is putting me through all the same things older retirees go through. The key is to continue to find ways to be useful to others. Or annoying…
16. Favorite time of day? Hard to choose, but I like it best when Scott’s home.
17. Where were you born? Nuevo Mexico, land of the bright manana. I really miss the regional indigenous artwork and style. I hate the fakey stuff you can get in tourist shops that are supposed to look ‘southwest’. Someone once gave me a carved wood silhouette of a coyote howling that was painted a weird dusty pink… Not quite sure what that was about.
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? Triple Crown horse racing, pro football, nasty extreme sport accidents on youtube…
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? I wasn’t able to forward this in my own tag since it required naming 25 friends. I’m one of those anti-friend people. It’s more fun keeping stuff private and letting friend requests just sit there and pile up.
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? I’d better not have to go through this again.
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? I’m not. I could never be a school teacher and grade the same papers over and over.
22. Bird watcher? I still maintain that bluejays aren’t the bullies that other people think they are, even though I saw one pick up a fledgling and fly with it down to the yard and drill its brains out. All it takes is one to make all the rest look bad. I don’t make blanket presumptions about entire races and species based on one incident.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m an around the clock person with a severe sleep disorder, but a lessening dependence on the internet. I’m weaning off so I won’t go into shock when our nation is pulse bombed by a nuke and all our technology grinds to a standstill.
24. Do you have any pets? Chickens are the bomb. There would be far fewer neglected dogs and cats in this world if more people got chickens instead.
25. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Wow, forgot all about this survey. Whadayaknow.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A flying horse. I’m still disgusted that wasn’t a viable option.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Pretending I was an Indian surviving off the land. And pretending I was Mr. Spock. Actually, just about anything mom-less.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Grew up with both, good with both, no longer care for either one, and I’ll tell you why– they try to kill my chickens. Cats love hooking chickens by the eye through the wire, dogs just wanna chase and rend with blood lust. And they both drag parasites and disease around, and the neighbors don’t care if their pets are destructive and evil. And I keep seeing so many unwanted ones by the highway or in ditches. You just don’t get these problems from chickens.
29. Are you married? At this age, *everyone* is in self perception crisis, but yes, and I’m glad I stuck through it and didn’t drag around an ugly divorce, like many people my age are doing. People hit that middle age brick wall and suddenly get selfish and whiny and love blaming it all on the other person or lack of other person in their lives. It’s such a redundant theme that I think it must be a built-in part of human existence to go through selfish whiny phases every other decade.
30. Always wear your seat belt? Being thrown out of a violently flipping car is actually probably what saved my life. Most people don’t live through volkswagen wrecks like that. But, so that no one here takes that seriously enough to apply to their own lives, I was once first on the scene where all but one person were thrown out (no seatbelts), and out of 5 or 6 people, only one lived, and she was one of the ones thrown out. The guy inside was crushed. Another person was decapitated going through a fence, another broke their back into jelly on a tree, and another bled to death in my arms. That was before seat belt laws, but that law would NOT have saved ANY of them in that wreck, since the vehicle was so badly crushed it couldn’t be identified as a car or truck right away. What saved the girl who survived was being so drunk that she didn’t know what happened, and was wandering all bloody on the highway. So if you aren’t wearing your seatbelt, the key to safety is being really tanked on alcohol, just realize that still won’t stop sudden very nasty death.
31. Been in a car accident? I think I’ve covered that one pretty good. Btw, another first on the scene of an accident, the girl was NOT wearing a seatbelt and smashed her face so hard on her steering wheel that her nose bone was shoved into her sinus, and she was bleeding into her lungs. I had to keep her coughing (thank goodness she was responsive to commands) until ambulance could get there and aspirate. So yeah, you might wanna think about that seat belt and save the ol’ face. Btw, I think they’re doing the Cash for Klunkers all wrong. They should base trade-ins on safety needs, NOT mileage according to a book. They’ll take SUVs, but they won’t take something that really should be condemned off the highway because a book says should still be getting so many mpg. If they REALLY wanna help poor people, they’ll consider people driving around without working air bags and no AC during killer heat index. But, I don’t think really saving people is the goal…
32. Any pet peeves? I once tried to make a list, but it turned into a complex breakdown that looked like an outline for a presentation, detailed with subclauses and little asterisks. I think, at this point in my life, I would break it down into two main pet peeves that fall under the section of “happening before 6 a.m. and/or coffee”– 1) majorly dropping something and having to clean up a big mess and even change my sox, and 2) having to chase a big spider around. When you reach my age and you’ve got little life altering complications that make it harder to bend, twist, and otherwise move quickly, these two things upon first arising can really suck.
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Used to be Italian sausage and mushrooms, but over time the Italian sausage has gotten incredibly spicy and the mushrooms have become these gigantor ‘fresh’ things, so I no longer say that. Then I thought super supremes were good for awhile, until the onions and peppers grew into monstrosities that don’t get cooked. The hamburger and pork topping have gotten so tiny I can’t see it, and I’m disliking sauce more and more. So now I make homemade pizza. Scott says it’s really good.
34. Favorite Flower? Lilacs, honeysuckle, roses, carnations, morning glories, gladiolas, crocus… I stopped before this became a big paragraph. Hard to pick a fave, moods jump around.
35. Favorite ice cream? – I don’t eat it much any more. Burned out.
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Gee whiz, how old is this thing? I musta started it two weeks ago. I loathe fast food in general, but I’ll take a 7-layer burrito from Taco Bell in a pinch.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? I failed so badly that they passed me. I’m not kidding. Helps to be loaned a really old volkswagen and you’ve never driven a stick shift outside of a hayfield before.
38. From whom did you get your last email? I seriously get emails from Gary Graham. Want emails from a celebrity? Oh, who is Gary Graham. Soval on “Enterprise”, Detective Sikes on “Alien Nation”, I won’t list his resume. Anyway, go to garygraham.com and leave a comment on one of his posts and you might wind up on his mailing list. Cool, huh? I get stuff from Weird Al on myspace, too. Anyone who has over a million friends and still runs their own myspace is cool.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I cut up my credit cards and refuse to get another one. And if I had a thousand bucks I’d still spend it in a grocery store on expensive fish and cheeses.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I very spontaneously killed a big brown spider this morning.
41. Like your job? It’s amazing what you can discover when you keep careful egg charts. Dooney has already laid 183 eggs since New Year’s Day. What a machine!
42. Broccoli? In a variety of ways.
43. What was your favorite vacation? Ever? The time Scott accidentally forgot to tell me he got tickets to fly out to see his dad, and I suddenly had a week to myself.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? I’m watching a food challenge on the food network, and wondering why in the world someone would put spiced polenta with nearly raw duck. Nearly invented duck sushi there…
45. What are you listening to right now? My stomach. I’m on a medrol pack right now, it’s screwing my blood sugar, and all I can think about is *food*… So I’m sucking on menthol-lyptus cough drop. ~Nothing~ will taste right after this.
46. What is your favorite color? Now the challenge is trout. Even with a cough drop in my mouth I’m drooling over all 3 dishes, even though one looks only half-cooked, another didn’t get finished, and the third is so full of curry I’d never be able to eat it. I once put 12 pounds on during a week of corticosteroid therapy. Never doing that again. I could never stay on it for, say, two years at a time like some people do.
47. How many tattoos do you have? I have neglected skin decor in my life. I feel it is a serious waste of money, and will become a big joke as my skin ages and gets weird hairs or moles or wrinkles or whatever.
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? Nobody. If you’d like to do it, hit the email link and grab it.
49. What time did you finish this quiz? Two weeks after I started, apparently. Wonder if anyone else took this long.
50. Coffee Drinker? Only at home. Too picky.